Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Gobble Gobble

Nothing better than a belly full of turkey and a four day work week.

We had our thanksgiving celebration weekend, which was a good time had by all. On Saturday hubby and I hosted a beautiful turkey dinner for my family. I would like to give a shout out and big thanks to my hubby who actually cooked the entire dinner...he's the man. Now before you all get bent out of shape with jealousy I would like to note that I baked non stop last week and I cleaned the house...It is only fitting that he cook a meal. Besides that, he has a culinary arts diploma and I would hate to see his education go to waste.

Our turkey was super good and yes it was yet another beautiful bird compliments of our fish monger. Thanks a bunch Paul and the family at Paul's Fish and Meat Market!

On Sunday we were invited for an afternoon and dinner at Mark's Aunt and Uncle's place in Ajax. We had a fantastic time and my sides are still burning from laughing so hard. We dined on a crown of pork, dressing and more veggies that you could shake a stick at. We had a ton of laughs and great time bonding with the family and friends. Look forward to Christmas.

On Monday we headed over to another set of Mark's aunt and uncle's home for a coffee and a holiday visit.

Overall great weekend, but I am having trouble taking this week seriously. I really want to just lie around and rub my gut.

3 comments:

MP said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL holiday. I've never hosted Thanksgiving..but I enjoy going. I think I should get myself invited to Canada next year just so I can do it twice!

S said...

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

AmyB said...

Mmmm! You just made me wish my Thanksgiving would come FAST, which is nuts because lately I'm actually a little freaked out that it's mid-October up in here! ;o)

Glad your holiday went so well! Mucho impressed with the dinner-cookin'-hubby, too. LUCKY!!